Conditions of sale
Correspondence address –
Sand Bags for Sale
Salt and Grit Solutions Ltd
North Arkleston Farm
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director. Submission of a purchase order will be taken as agreement to these conditions of sale.
In these Conditions the following words shall have the following meanings.
- “Acknowledgement” – a written acknowledgement confirming that we are able to process Your Order.
- “Buyer” – the purchaser of the Goods and/or Services referred to in these Conditions as “You” or “Your”.
- “Conditions” – the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document.
- “Confirmation” – a written confirmation in the form of an electronic message acknowledging Your Order.
- “Contract” – a legally binding contract.
- “Goods” – the goods described in the Order.
- “Order” – an order placed by You for the purchase of Goods and/or Services.
- “Party” – a party to the Contract.
- “Price” – the price of the Goods and/or Services detailed in the Acknowledgement.
- “Seller” – Salt and Grit Solutions Ltd (registered in Scotland: 385185, Vat Reg No GB100 4099 66) referred to in these Conditions as “We”, “Our” or “Us”.
- “Services” – the services described in the Order.
- “Site” – Our website found at www.saltandgritsolutions.co.uk
- “Working Day” – any day (other than a Saturday and Sunday) on which the London clearing banks are open for business.
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005. Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
- Online orders are accepted upon payment by Paypal using credit/debit cards at the time of ordering.
- Prices quotes are inclusive of UK Mainland Delivery, unless otherwise stated.
- The customer is made aware that exact specifications of sand bags may have slight variations being a natural product. We cannot guarantee the exact colour of sand bags shown on our website.
- Customer complaints should be made in writing to our correspondence address within 48 hours of collection or delivery. Any product that the customer deems to be faulty must be returned to our correspondence address so a refund can be made.
- All products (collected or delivered) will be the responsibility of the customer. After collection or delivery we will not be liable for any loss, damage or deterioration.
- Order amendments must be made before orders are dispatched from our warehouse, which may be 1 day prior to delivery. Amendments can be made by phone or email.
- The company reserve the right to cancel any order placed. Any such orders will be refunded as soon as practically possible. An email will be sent confirming any such cancellation to the email address supplied when the order was placed.
- We will endeavour to deliver products within the designated timescales, but when this is not possible for whatever reason, the company is not liable for delays or damages.
- Delivery is conditional and is dependable on road conditions in the surrounding area and any routes on way to delivery destination. Our standard delivery is to the nearest kerbside or hard standing. Items cannot be moved up hill.
- We will not be liable for any damage to goods during transport or drop off.
- Deliveries are usually made by LGVs (possibly with tail lift offloading) and if access for delivery purposes cannot be made the company reserves the right to cancel orders. It is the customers’ responsibility to make us aware of any delivery access limitations. The customer must be available to collect and sign for any deliveries.
- We reserve the right to cancel any delivery should the cost of transport quoted on our website not be available to us through our network of hauliers. Next Day Delivery is not available for weekend deliveries. Weekend and Next Day Deliveries may incur an additional charge.
- The price quoted on our websites includes one delivery, via a pallet network. If, for any reason, the delivery cannot be made on the first attempt a re-delivery charge will be applied and the responsibility of the customer. For completely failed deliveries all costs will be the responsibility of the customer, including the original delivery fee included in the product price.
- The customer has the right to cancel an order with the exception of perishable goods. Any cancellation must be made within 5 days of order confirmation, if the goods have not yet been despatched.
- Cancellations must be made by email or by phone providing a confirmation email is received. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Returns must go to our correspondence address. Perishable goods are excluded from cancellation under The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689, 2005.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The customer will comply with all matters concerning Health and Safety.
- The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons, vehicles or equipment whilst on company premises. The customer will be responsible for the security and insurance of themselves, their vehicles and their equipment.
- Once products have left our warehouse by our fork lifts it is the customers responsibility.
Property and the Website
Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Sand Bags for Sale/Salt and Grit Solutions Ltd or using this Web site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this Web site including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication–without the prior written permission of Sand Bags for Sale/Salt and Grit Solutions Ltd is strictly prohibited.
Product and company names mentioned on this Web site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Conditions of Web Site Use
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, sand Bags for Sale/Salt and Grit Solutions Ltd IS PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND MAKES NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, THE WIREFREE WORLD DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Except as specifically stated on this Web site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Salt and Grit Solutions Ltd nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Salt and Grit Solutions Ltd does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of Salt and Grit Solutions, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives.
- The above conditions are in accordance with Scot’s Law. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- This policy does not affect your statutory rights.